Madrid's Worst Fire Engulfs Skyscraper, Collapse Reported
More than 100 firefighters worked through the night in an attempt to extinguish the blaze in the city's eighth tallest building, the 32-storey Windsor Tower.
The fire has reportedly been caused by short circuit. "The fire is not under control," Madrid Mayor Alberto Ruiz Gallardon told reporters early on Sunday.
"We are all aware that we are fighting the biggest fire that the city of Madrid has had in its entire history," he said. "The fire department is making an extraordinary effort to stop the fire spreading to surrounding buildings," he said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM: The Guards of Dogan and Peevski Must be Removed
- » Bulgaria: Tension in Rosenets Park, Protesters Are Not Allowed to Enter the Beach
- » Erdogan Has Ordered the Conversion of Hagia Sofia Back Into a Mosque
- » Second Day in a Row: Protests For and Against the Government in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Head of National Service for Protection Krasimir Stanchev Resigns
- » A Counter-Protest is Going to Take Place in the Center of Sofia