Bulgaria Joins Munich Security Conference
The main work takes place Saturday and Sunday, with this year's meetings to be attended by, among others, German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder and UN Secretary General Kofi Annan.
The conference, which was initially founded as "Wehrkundetagung" by the German publisher Ewald von Kleist, focuses this year on foreign and security policy challenges in European and American relations.
"The existing dialogue between the EU and the US neither addresses the increasing importance of the Union nor does meet the needs of the transatlantic relations," Schroeder said.
The Chancellor remarked that the partnership should be arranged according to the changing conditions and new difficulties.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Croatia's Ruling Party Wins Parliamentary Elections
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Serbia Declares a State of Emergency in Belgrade
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov and the Minister of Defense Attended the Celebration of the Plovdiv Garrison
- » Bulgaria Asks Why Britain Lifts Quarantine For More Than 50 Nations — But Not For Bulgarians