Sofia Discusses Bee-Breeding National Program
The program has been developed by the Ministry of Agriculture and Forests in cooperation with the German Association for Technical Partnership and Bulgarian bee-keeping organizations.
The day of the presentation was especially chosen, as February 10th the Orthodox Church marks the day of St. Haralampii, who is believed to be the first one to discover honey's healing powers.
Working groups are expected to discuss the natural resources, bee breeding technologies and bee protection as well as honey production, marketing and products' safety.
The program aims to help Bulgaria in deriving maximum benefits from the funds, which are expected to be granted for developing the bee-breeding sector after country's entering in the EU.
Last year the EU enforced new regulations allowing member-countries to receive financial support after presenting three-year national development programs in the sector.
In 2004 Bulgaria has exported 5,620 tones of bee honey, 70% of which flowed into the EU market.
Customers of Sofia Market Hall had the opportunity on Thursday to have free pots of honey at a special promotion by a major honey manufacturer.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Extraordinary Address of Bulgaria's PM Borissov: We Remain in Power! The Opposition Will Break the State!
- » Bulgarian President Radev Calls for Borissov and Government Resignation Amid Anti-Corruption Protests
- » Bulgarian PM: The Guards of Dogan and Peevski Must be Removed
- » Bulgaria: Tension in Rosenets Park, Protesters Are Not Allowed to Enter the Beach
- » Erdogan Has Ordered the Conversion of Hagia Sofia Back Into a Mosque
- » Second Day in a Row: Protests For and Against the Government in Bulgaria