Inscriptions Reveal Belonging of Thracian Treasure
The archeological team headed by Dr Georgi Kitov has opened a new page in history of ancient Thracians by actually finding the mausoleum of one of mightiest Thracian rulers.
Archeologists said that the gold-treasure-hiding mound was built for about six months and subsequently completed with the temple engraved inside.
The artifacts of exquisite and invaluable cost were made by the fabulous Thracians, who lived in what are now parts of Bulgaria, Romania, Macedonia, Turkey and Greece, and are thought to date to the 5th century B.C.
The Thracians left no written account of their history and traditions so archaeological finds are the only window to their world.
The mostly well-known until recently Thracian tomb near the town of Kazanlak is part of the UNESCO list of world historical heritage.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
Society » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Sunday Times: Scientists in China Discovered a Virus Close to COVID-19 Seven Years Ago?
- » Bulgaria: Ministry of Interior Marks its Professional Holiday, Trade Union Protests Today, July 5
- » Bulgaria: Ticks Boom Across the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Thunderstorms in Many Places in the Country on July 5
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 180 Newly Registered Cases on July 5, 5677 Total
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Storms with Thunder and Hail, Sunny on the Black Sea