African Woman Wins Nobel Peace Prize
While awarding the Prize, the Nobel Foundation said on Friday it was is in recognition of 'her contribution to sustainable development, democracy and peace'.
She is the first African woman to be awarded the peace prize since it was created in 1901. She was the 12th woman peace laureate overall. Maathai is the second woman in a row to be awarded the peace prize which last year went to Iranian lawyer Shirin Ebadi, for her work for the rights of women and children in Iran.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Sunday Times: Scientists in China Discovered a Virus Close to COVID-19 Seven Years Ago?
- » Bulgaria: Ministry of Interior Marks its Professional Holiday, Trade Union Protests Today, July 5
- » Bulgaria: Ticks Boom Across the Country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Thunderstorms in Many Places in the Country on July 5
- » Covid-19 in Bulgaria: 180 Newly Registered Cases on July 5, 5677 Total
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Storms with Thunder and Hail, Sunny on the Black Sea