There Is No Time to Wait
Children held in the Dzhurkovo care home are with inadequate care. The children are in need of special help, because they have disabilities. The disabilities these children have include: Down's Syndrome, cerebral palsy, and other severely limiting conditions.
While general care of food and clothing are provided the children at Dzhurkovo care home, the special needs are not provided. The special education and development care the children need is only available in large cities. Dzhurkovo is in a remote place in the mountains.
The Bulgarian government has the resources to help these children. I cannot tell you that all such children in my country receive all help they need, but I can tell you that we have a higher level of care than received by these children at Dzhurkovo. These children must be given help they need to improve their lives. The opportunity to help these children fades with age. The ability to learn and develop is best when we are young. There is no time to wait.
Dr. Mark John Hunter
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
Letters to the Editor » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Snow on Epiphany Morning in a Soviet Era Sofia Apartment
- » Final US Presidential Debate: Trump May Have Decreased Chance of Success
- » The Second US Presidential Debate: Observations and Analysis
- » Observations on the First Clinton-Trump Debate
- » A Letter to the Azerbaijani People
- » A Day (or 3) in the Life of an Englishman in Haskovo