Bulgaria's Grozdeva Lands Gold in Athens
Her 103.2 finals score is an Olympic record.
She defended her title with 688.2 score in total.
Czech Lenka Hykova took silver with 687.8 points, just 0.1 point ahead of Irada Ashumova of Azerbaijan.
This is Grozdeva's second medal at the Athens Olympics after winning a bronze medal in the women's 10m air pistol on Monday.
Maria Grozdeva carried the colors of the Bulgarian delegation at the official opening of the Olympic Games in Athens August 13. This was the first time that a woman bore Bulgaria's national flag at the Olympic Games.
Grozdeva became the most successful Bulgarian athlete at Olympic Games with five Olympic medals.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
Sports » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Euro 2020 Begins in Rome with Emphatic Ceremony
- » Euro 2020 Starts off in Rome Today, Italy Hosts Turkey in First Match
- » Bulgaria Lost 0:3 to World Champion France in Paris
- » Russia Complains to Uefa over Ukraine's Euro 2020 Jersey with Crimea on It
- » EU Justice Ministers Caution against Sports-Related Violence during Euro2020
- » Bernal Wins Italian Giro