Pets: Starting a Canary Family
When not breeding, it is not always easy to tell the male canary from the female. Only the male sings and only the female will build a nest.
Canary hens are generally in good supply from mid-summer until early autumn. Plan to purchase the female at the earliest opportunity. This will give the bird a chance to adjust to her new home.
The hen lays up to eight small blue eggs. Five is the average number. She will very often not sit on them until the last one is produced. Two or three days after she starts to sit, the eggs may be carefully removed and held up to a light.
Canary eggs hatch in 14 days. This is counted from the day that the hen starts to sit on the eggs, not from the day that the egg was laid. The canary chick hatches without any assistance from you or the parents. The parents provide all care for the young.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Cloudy With Short-Term Precipitations
- » COVID-19 Crisis Impact on Youth - Depressed, Lonely and Anxious
- » May 25: Only 6 New Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria, Total: 2433
- » Many Car Accidents in the Country for the Past 24 Hours - 1 Victim
- » 2427 Cases of COVID-19 on May 24 in Bulgaria
- » A Cold Front Will Bring Rain and Thunder in the Afternoon