Bulgaria Commemorates Its Liberation Heroes
The date is related to the heroic death of revolutionary poet and fighter Hristo Botev who sacrifices his life, at the age of 28, for Bulgaria's freedom.
The love for Bulgaria marked his whole life and passionate revolutionary poetry, both ended in a battle near the modern town of Vratsa, when his 200-member detachment was attacked and destroyed in the mountains.
In commemoration of those heroic days and the deeds of many more Bulgarian patriots who gave their lives for Bulgaria's liberty, hundreds of people go up to the mountains each year and follow in the steps of Botev's detachment.
That life-long way to sacrifice from the Danube-site at Kozloduy to the mount of Okolchitsa, stretches along 120 km in the Vratsa Balkans.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
Society » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » 14 New Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria for the last 24 Hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria Today - May 30th
- » South Korea: Many Schools Close Again After Reopening
- » Damage Caused by the Lockdown Worse than the Virus Itself?
- » The Coronavirus Outbreak Did Not Start at the "Wet Market" in Wuhan
- » The Weather Today - May 29th