Bulgarian Casting Director Justifies Krum Twist
Producers of the Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire movie had assigned Valeri Bozhinov to give an audition to Bulgarian Krum wannabes. During the two-day casting in Sofia, Bozhinov spotted about 50 boys and introduced them to decision-makers in London.
"The last thing they informed me about was that a London-resided Bulgarian was chosen for the part," Bozhinov told Novinite.com.
According to fresh media reports, producers have now eyed a Scottish boy.
"It's normal for different castings to be held when searching for an actor in such blockbusters," Bozhinov explained. He said that it was not necessary to pick a Bulgarian actor just because Krum was Bulgarian, according to the book.
But the news about the Scottish elect obviously disturbed Bulgarian Potter fans, who were hoping one of them could become a real movie star.
Earlier, Hermione-playing actress Ema Watson hinted that the boy to play Viktor Krum's role was "very sweet". In the fourth book, Hermione falls in love with the head of Potter's quidditch team.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » May 27: 17 New Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria - Total Reached 2460
- » Rain is Expected in the Afternoon - Maximum Temperaturеs Will Reach 21°
- » Report on The Pandemic: “Disastrous” Impact on Children’s Rights Worldwide
- » Social Distancing Rules until July 5th in Germany
- » Montenegro - the Second Country in Europe to Report a Win Over the Coronavirus
- » Bulgaria: Cool With Maximum Temperatures Between 16° and 21°