Star Gaze in Sofia
Passer-bys were free to use the facilities and gaze at the stars. Mars, Venus, Jupiter and Saturn were also at sight.
Since it was first celebrated in 1973, Astronomy Day has been chosen so that it falls near or before the 1st quarter Moon. This is the best time for observing stars, as the sky is darker without the moon's reflected sunlight.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Two Dozen Green Turtles Rescued from Poachers in Bali
- » Forest Fires Near Marseille, Thousands Evacuated
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny Today, Rain in the Afternoon
- » Protests in Bulgaria: March and "Patriotic Omelet" at the Protest in Sofia Last Night
- » Bulgaria: The Police Removed the Tent Camps of the Protesters All Over the Country
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 297 Newly Registered Cases, 13014 Total