Health: Low-Fat Eating
Eat more vegetables, fruit and grains.
You don't have to stop eating foods you enjoy that are high in fat, just cut down on the amount of their servings. Use bigger quantities of low-fat foods to accompany them.
Instead of a steak that covers the whole plate, get a cut that you really like of modest size. 4 ounces of beef is recommended - that's a steak about the size of a deck of cards.
Eat fatty foods less often. You don't have to quit your favorite foods completely. For example, you don't have to have meat every day.
Trim the visible fat. Remove all of the skin from poultry.
Limit organ meats (liver, kidney)
Drink skim or 1% milk (if you drink milk)
Watch the cheese. Look for low-fat varieties, especially for cooking.
Don't add fat as you cook.
Instead of frying, use roasting, grilling or baking.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny, Temperatures Up to 29 °
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 189 Newly Registered Cases in 6042 PCR Tests
- » Protests in Bulgaria, Day 71: Protesters Demand the Resignation of Tsveta Karayancheva - Speaker of the National Assembly
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 154 New Cases, 10 Death
- » Bulgaria: Eight Teachers from Sofia's School Tested Positive for COVID-19
- » Bulgaria Celebrates Saints Sophia, Faith, Hope and Love