TURKISH COMPANIES MAY INVEST IN BG PROJECTS
Business | October 20, 2001, Saturday // 00:00
Turkish companies may participate in road and energy facilities construction, ownership restructuring in the water and sewerage companies, and waste water treatment in Bulgaria. That was announced after a meeting of representatives of large Turkish construction companies led by Faruk Erkoc with Kostadin Paskalev, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Regional Development and Public Works. Erkoc co-chairs the Turkish-Bulgarian Business Council. According to Paskalev, the Bulgarian position on the Upper Arda Project will be announced by mid-November. Many Turkish companies can participate in Bulgarian projects, financed under the Phare Program. `Turkish investors may compete for concessions for water and sewerage companies in partnership with Italian and German companies, `Paskalev added. The Bulgarian-Turkish Business Council will have a meeting in January, 2001.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian National Bank: We are on the Final stretch on the Road to the Eurozone
- » Bulgaria imported over 55,000 tons of Fresh Vegetables and 66,000 tons of Fruit in January and February
- » Bulgaria fails to achieve Good Placement in Sustainable Tourism Ranking
- » Bulgaria: Burgas ranks as the Twentieth-Best City for a Scenic Drive
- » In April: Bulgarians Traveled the most to Neighboring Countries
- » The Price of Gas in Europe fell to a two-year Low