AMERICAN STUDIES ASSOCIATION RESTORES ACTIVITIES
Politics | October 20, 2001, Saturday // 00:00
The American University of Blagoevgrad (AUBG) is hosting a conference of the Bulgarian Association for American Studies. The academic forum, which will end in October 21, is sponsored by the US State Department and is the first of its kind to be held in Bulgaria. The aim of the conference is to restore the activities of the Bulgarian Association for American Studies and to assist its future accession to the European association of such organizations. The forum is discussing the possibilities of opening new American studies centers in the region and expanding the existing ones in Romania and Turkey. The discussions focus on the image of the United States, the American lifestyle, the American reality and its reflection on the rest of the world, the American view of Europe and the Balkans. Participating are lecturers from the universities of Sofia, Veliko Turnovo, Plovdiv, Shoumen, as well as guests from Albania, Turkey, Britain, Austria and the Netherlands.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov: We are Witnessing Attacks against the Parliamentary Republic
- » Ninova on the events in the Bulgarian Parliament: Genders against Fascists
- » Radev: I don't expect the Kiss between Borissov and Petkov to give Birth to anything other than Disgust
- » Bulgaria: Insecure Pro-Russian MPs Spat, Yelled and tried to Fight in Parliament
- » Borissov: Denkov and Mariya Gabriel are Close to Making a Decision
- » Defense Minister: There is No Request to Increase the Bulgarian Contingent in Kosovo