Pets: Feeding Your Parrot
A variety of fruits and vegetables can be given. Have some raw peanuts to add to the seed, unless you are using parrot mix. You should provide a gravel mixture periodically although it is not necessary to have it in the cage at all times. A mineral block or cuttlebone should be present at all time in the cage. Supplements to the diet should be given daily.
Water-soluble vitamins are manufactured specially for birds and can be bought at the bird shop. A powdered supplement adds important minerals to the diet when sprinkled on the bird's fruit and vegetables.
Always let fruit and vegetables warm to room temperature before giving them to the parrot. Vegetables that your parrot may enjoy are squash, boiled potato, peas, beans, carrots, and celery to name a few. A good formula is one green and one yellow vegetable, one fruit and a slice of citrus daily. These will balance the diet.
Smaller seeds including oats, hemp, and safflower can be given to parrots. Some even enjoy white millet or the spray millet that is marketed for smaller birds. Put a squirt of oil on the seed every other day. This is not to suggest that any form of oil or fat is good for your parrot. Use only the recommended oils: wheat germ or cod liver.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » For the First Time in Four Years Endangered Tigers Have Been Spotted in Thailand
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 195 Newly Registered Cases in 5837 PCR Tests
- » Plane Crashes While Landing in Kerala, India
- » Bulgaria: State of Emergancy Declared in Harmanli, Haskovo, Dimitrovgrad and Topolovgrad, Part of Maritsa Motorway is Closed
- » Ophthalmologist from Bulgaria Has Been Nominated for the Most Beloved Doctor in Austria
- » Germany Drawns Up Interesting Measures to Protect Insects