MORE THAN 200 PRIVATIZATION DEALS TO BE CHECKED
Business | October 6, 2001, Saturday // 00:00
`The number of privatization deals that are being and will be checked exceeds 200. The list is topped by the Balkan Airlines, and Plama and Neftochim refineries,` Petur Petkov, head of the Organized Crime and Corruption Department in the Supreme Cassation Prosecution Office, said after a meeting in the chief prosecution authority. The meeting was also attended by Deputy Prosecutor General and SCPO head Hristo Manchev, Deputy Interior Minister Roumen Stoilov and Deputy Justice Minister Meglena Tacheva. `First in the list are deals of major public interest,` Manchev said. He declined to say whether the list includes Bulbank as well. `Charges will be pressed against more people soon,` Petkov said, declining to provide names and dates. Shortly after that former deputy prime minister and industry minister in the cabinet of the United Democratic Forces until October 1999 Alexander Bozhkov and his lawyer were seen to enter the building of the chief prosecution authority. The two refused to say why there were summoned. Unofficial information from the prosecution authority says that new charges have been levelled against Bozhkov, this time for the signing of compensation notes.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian National Bank: We are on the Final stretch on the Road to the Eurozone
- » Bulgaria imported over 55,000 tons of Fresh Vegetables and 66,000 tons of Fruit in January and February
- » Bulgaria fails to achieve Good Placement in Sustainable Tourism Ranking
- » Bulgaria: Burgas ranks as the Twentieth-Best City for a Scenic Drive
- » In April: Bulgarians Traveled the most to Neighboring Countries
- » The Price of Gas in Europe fell to a two-year Low