Pets: How to Attract an Iguana
**Room to grow**
Iguanas get really big. That little 15-gallon glass tank you bring her home in is going to last about a year, then she's going to need a much bigger house. And then she'll outgrow that, and it'll be time for an even bigger house.... Eventually, you'll probably need to consider giving her a whole room! Make sure that you plan out your iguana's future housing needs before you get an iguana!
**Proper full-spectrum lighting**
Iguanas need full-spectrum lighting, especially when they're young. Without it, they will suffer from severe calcium-deficiency problems that will almost certainly prove fatal. It is absolutely essential that you provide your iguana with full-spectrum light, such as from a full-spectrum fluorescent bulb. These bulbs can be rather expensive, but without them, she will suffer miserably, and won't make it past the age of two years.
Iguanas need underbelly heating in order to digest their food properly. The best thing is a heating pad (sold in pet and reptile stores) affixed to the underside of her floor. Electric "hot rocks" are not recommended due to the high potential for thermal burns.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » First Time in Bulgaria: A Subvariant of Omicron VA.2.75 has been Identified
- » Car Accidents with Casualties all over Bulgaria Today
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 188 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: Car Crash on the Ring Road in Sofia, One Person confirmed Dead
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 269 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 748 New Cases in the Last 24 hours