MINISTER DISCUSSES ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS IN BRUSSELS
Politics | September 28, 2001, Friday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
On the second day of his visit to Brussels, Interior Minister Georgi Petkanov met his Belgian counterpart Antoine Duquesne, the Interior Ministry press office announced. Petkanov supported support the initiative of the Belgian Presidency of the EU against illegal migration and trafficking people. The two officials discussed the cooperation possibilities for the EU member states and membership candidates in fighting terrorism. Petkanov also briefed his counterpart on the special programme of economic and social measures adopted by the Bulgarian government in connection with the illegal migration from Bulgaria. Antoine Duquesne praised the resolve and consistency of the Bulgarian authorities and the recent visa-related decisions it has taken with regard to its neighboring countries. He promised to call for EU money release to help Bulgaria fight all forms of illegal trafficking.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » The Mission of the 36th Bulgarian Military Contingent in Afghanistan has Began
- » Unemployment in Bulgaria Continues to Decline
- » Theresa May: 'We risk Ending up with no Brexit at All'
- » In the Mountains During the Summer? Here are some Tips from a Rescuer
- » Today is the Donald Trump Vladimir Putin Helsinki Summit
- » Ukrainian President Appoints Ambassadors to Bulgaria and Algeria
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)