MINISTER DISCUSSES ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS IN BRUSSELS
Politics | September 28, 2001, Friday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
On the second day of his visit to Brussels, Interior Minister Georgi Petkanov met his Belgian counterpart Antoine Duquesne, the Interior Ministry press office announced. Petkanov supported support the initiative of the Belgian Presidency of the EU against illegal migration and trafficking people. The two officials discussed the cooperation possibilities for the EU member states and membership candidates in fighting terrorism. Petkanov also briefed his counterpart on the special programme of economic and social measures adopted by the Bulgarian government in connection with the illegal migration from Bulgaria. Antoine Duquesne praised the resolve and consistency of the Bulgarian authorities and the recent visa-related decisions it has taken with regard to its neighboring countries. He promised to call for EU money release to help Bulgaria fight all forms of illegal trafficking.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party Files No-confidence Motion Against Borisov 3 Cabinet
- » Prime Minister Borisov Met with the British Ambassador to Bulgaria Emma Hopkins
- » First 20 Electric Buses Start Moving Around Sofia by the End of the Year
- » Bulgarian Registry Agency Seeks Additional Data-storage Capacity via Direct Contracting
- » Monthly Inflation in Bulgaria at 0.3% in September
- » TISPOL Special Operation Taking Place from 15 to 21 October Across Bulgaria
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)