DUTCHWOMAN REQUESTS ASYLUM IN BULGARIA
Politics | September 28, 2001, Friday // 00:00| Views: | Comments: 0
A Dutchwoman may request sanctuary from Bulgaria, BTA reported. Marika Kok, 43, told journalists that she left the Netherlands since the society there is intolerant towards her Islam faith. She also said that she fears for her life and for her two children in spite of the fact that she is Dutch. Kok`s problems started when she stated in public that she understands the terrorists who organized the assaults in New York and Washington. According to her, the tragedy in New York took place because of the cruel attitude towards the poor in the world and the victims of the American bombings in different countries. Her Dutch neighbors back home incited their dogs against her and her children. Afterwards, they attempted to put on fire her house. Kok took her children and set off for Istanbul by train. During the traveling, her money finished and she went off the train at the Russe Central Station. She stays in an orphanage together with her children.Politics » Be a reporter: Write and send your article Expats.bg All Are Welcome! Join Now!
- » Today is the Donald Trump Vladimir Putin Helsinki Summit
- » Ukrainian President Appoints Ambassadors to Bulgaria and Algeria
- » 250,000 in London to Protest against Trump
- » Heavy Traffic from Serbia to Bulgaria via Kalotina
- » Uzbek-Bulgarian Trade House Opens in Sofia
- » Soon 13 New Trams will be Delivered in Sofia
Please, log in to post a comment.
» To the forumComments (0)