Bulgaria: The Monument to the Soviet Army in Sofia was Wrapped
The monument to the Soviet Army is in a new form - wrapped in a banner with the faces of national heroes. The canvas shows the path of Bulgaria - from the founding of the Bulgarian state to goals such as Schengen. Levski, Botev, Rakovski, Zahari Stoyanov, Bulgarian saints, inns, etc. are depicted.
The banner wraps the scaffolding around the controversial monument. The regional administration, which is responsible for the monument, confirmed that the initiative is theirs. "This is our vision for Bulgaria's European path", the team of the regional governor Vyara Todeva told "Dnevnik".
"I walk around the area and what do I see?" wrote on Facebook the regional mayor of "Sredets" Traicho Traikov, a candidate for a new mandate and known as one of the consistent defenders of the thesis that the monument should be moved from the center of Sofia.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Cyclist Killed in Stara Zagora Accident: Driver Tested Positive for Drugs
- » Failing Grades: Bulgaria's Youth Lag in Global Math Exam
- » Financial Strain: Over 70% of Bulgarians Face Daily Expense Challenges
- » Oxford's Charismatic Word of the Year 2023 Unveiled
- » Celebrating 50 Years: Sofia Welcomes International Book Fair
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 262 New Cases in the Last 24 hours