Bulgaria: The Farmers gathered near Sofia announced an End to their Protest
The farmers gathered near Sofia announced an end to their protest. Their representatives headed to the capital to sign a memorandum with the government.
Farmers had gathered near Dolni Bogrov with the intention of entering heavy equipment in the center of Sofia in protest of the lifted ban on imports of Ukrainian grain.
Yesterday, after negotiations with the industry, Prime Minister Nikolai Denkov announced that "in the near future we will not allow sunflower imports from Ukraine."
The meeting discussed all the requests of the farmers, and negotiations with the European Commission on the compensation that Bulgaria may receive will be held soon.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU Commissioner Applauds Bulgaria's Border Controls During Border Point Visit
- » Bulgaria Sees Dip in Support for Political Parties and State Bodies, Poll Indicates
- » GERB Announces Cabinet Boycott over Pirogov Hospital Director's Dismissal
- » Study Reveals Bulgarian Public's Limited Awareness of Constitution Changes
- » Strategic Overhaul: Bulgaria Outlines 13 Defense Modernization Goals
- » Bulgaria’s Dual-Use Goods Route to Russia and Azerbaijan Raises Red Flags Amid Sanctions Scrutiny