Over 250,000 People are in need of Emergency Aid after the Floods in Libya
Over 250,000 people are in need of emergency aid due to the devastating floods in Libya. This was reported by the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs.
900 thousand people in five provinces of the country are directly affected by the disaster.
Storm "Daniel" hit Libya on Sunday after previously causing severe damage in Bulgaria, Greece and Turkey.
In Libya, the city of Derna was the worst affected, where two dam walls broke and the waters swept away everything in its path.
According to local authorities, the casualties in Derna alone may exceed 20,000.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 588 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The West's Ammunition is Running Out
- » Italy: At least 21 Dead after a Bus carrying Tourists fell off an overpass in Venice
- » The US House of Representatives removed Kevin McCarthy as Speaker
- » Poland and the Czech Republic introduce Checks on the Slovak Border
- » The European Commission expects Harmful Emissions in the EU to be Reduced by at least 90% by 2040
- » Day 587 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Prigozhin’s Son takes control of Wagner