The Junta in Niger has put the Army on High Alert
The junta in Niger has put the army on high alert in anticipation of an attack, DPA reported. The news comes a week after the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) said it would consider using force if constitutional order is not restored in Niger.
For his part, the chairman of the ECOWAS Commission, Omar Alieu Touray, said that the organization has "triggered the full-scale application of sanctions, which includes the use of legitimate force to restore constitutional order."
He specified that the use of force is a last resort and that the organization seeks a diplomatic settlement of the political crisis in Niger.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 588 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The West's Ammunition is Running Out
- » Italy: At least 21 Dead after a Bus carrying Tourists fell off an overpass in Venice
- » The US House of Representatives removed Kevin McCarthy as Speaker
- » Poland and the Czech Republic introduce Checks on the Slovak Border
- » The European Commission expects Harmful Emissions in the EU to be Reduced by at least 90% by 2040
- » Day 587 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Prigozhin’s Son takes control of Wagner