Former Director of Bulgarian Intelligence: Russia has serious superiority in the Black Sea
"Turkey is currently a major factor in the region, on the one hand because it has real military capabilities in the Black Sea. Turkey itself is willing and plays a significant role in the processes related to the war in Ukraine and the crisis in the Black Sea". Dimo Gyaurov, former director of the National Intelligence Service, commented on BNT.
According to him, in recent years NATO has underestimated the importance of the Black Sea and the Russian presence has not been compensated. Russia now has serious superiority in the Black Sea, Gyaurov said.
Since the beginning of the war in Ukraine, Turkey has restricted the possibility of NATO ships being present in the Black Sea. This makes the situation unequal in favor of Russia.
"Bulgaria and Romania, although they have some kind of navy, it is not a combat one, but rather a patrol one. It is possible to take measures, there are talks on the part of Ukraine about the creation of a corridor, different from the existing one and based on the territorial waters of Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey", Gyaurov said.
According to him, NATO can be present in the region and exercise control not so much through a fleet as through air means.
Gyaurov expressed confidence that Russia would not allow itself a direct conflict with NATO.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister: Russia uses Fictitious Exercises in the Black Sea to Block Ukrainian Grain Exports
- » Bulgaria’s Consul in Zaporizhzhia turned out to be a Russian Collaborator
- » Russia wants Bulgaria to Reconsider its Decision to hand over S-300 Missiles to Ukraine
- » Bulgaria approved to send Defective S-300 Missiles to Ukraine
- » Providing Defective S-300 Missiles to Ukraine will Not Endanger the Bulgarian Air Defense
- » Defense Minister: Bulgaria will Continue to Support Ukraine in accordance with our National Capabilities