Dimitar Radev will Head the Bulgarian National Bank for another 6 years
The Bulgarian Parliament voted and elected Dimitar Radev as Governor of the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) with a mandate of 6 years. He was nominated by GERB-SDS.
Radev was elected with the votes of 155 deputies. From GERB-SDS 63 deputies voted "for", from WCC-DB 56 deputies voted "for", from "Vazrazhdane" 37 deputies voted "against", from DPS 36 deputies voted "for", from BSP 19 deputies voted "against", from TISP 10 deputies voted "against".
The other contender for the post of BNB governor - Lubomir Hristov, nominated by "Vazrazhdane", gathered 39 votes of support. There were 135 against, 47 people's representatives abstained.
Dimitar Radev was sworn in as governor of the Central Bank with a new six-year mandate. He announced that Andrey Gyurov and Petar Chobanov will be deputy governors of the BNB.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's Economy Shows Moderate Growth in Third Quarter Amid Sector Shifts
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister Reports State Budget Deficit Drop in November
- » Bulgaria's Economic Outlook: OECD Forecasts 2.8% Growth in 2024
- » Sergey Kondratenko: Regulation in Open Banking, Approaches of Different Countries
- » Bulgarian National Bank Governor Recommends Fiscal Buffer in 2024 Budget
- » Countdown to Eurozone: Bulgaria Awaits June Decision