Threat of Expulsion: Russians must take an Exam in Latvia
Latvian language exams are held in Latvia for the Russian-speaking population.
If someone fails the test, they will have to leave the country.
The expulsion affects people under 75 who have Russian passports.
For 1/4 of the population of Latvia, the mother tongue is Russian.
According to statistics, about 20,000 of them have Russian passports.
Many of the people taking the exam are retired. In order to take the test, they have attended intensive Latvian language courses in recent months.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Russian Supreme Court Recognized the LGBT Movement as Extremist and Banned It
- » Hamas will Release more Russians out of "Gratitude" to Putin
- » Lavrov Awaits OSCE Entry: Bulgaria's Airspace Decision in Focus
- » Putin Pardons Convict Linked to Politkovskaya Murder
- » NATO Freezes Key Treaty as Russia Exits - What's Next?
- » Russian MiG-31 Fighter Jets begin Patrols over the Black Sea