Joe Biden's Son Hunter Biden to Plead Guilty on Three Charges
Hunter Biden, son of US President Joe Biden, has agreed to plead guilty to three federal charges related to taxes and firearms, world news agencies reported.
It's part of an agreement between him and the US Department of Justice. The charges against Hunter Biden are part of an investigation by David Weiss, a prosecutor in Biden's home state of Delaware who was appointed by former President Donald Trump.
The president's son was charged with federal income tax evasion and illegal gun possession. With the agreement, he pleaded guilty to the tax crimes, but avoided prosecution on the more serious offense of illegal possession of a weapon, aggravated by his drug addiction, notes the Associated Press.
Hunter Biden, 53, has for years been at the center of relentless attacks from Trump and his Republican allies, who accuse him of wrongdoing related to Ukraine and China.
The president's son has worked as a lobbyist, lawyer, investment banker and artist and has publicly detailed his struggle with drug addiction, Reuters recalls.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EU is Close to an Agreement on the Regulation of ChatGPT and Other AI-Based Systems
- » Day 652 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Republicans in US Senate Blocked Billions in Aid to Kyiv
- » Brazil Sends Troops to Border with Venezuela
- » EU and China Seek Common Ground Amid Differences, Eye Global Stability
- » EU Directive: Bulgaria Embraces Universal USB-C Chargers for Devices
- » Gaza War: Hell in Khan Younis