At least 280 Dead and over 900 Injured in a Crash between Two Trains in India
More than 280 people were killed in the crash between two passenger trains in the Indian state of Odisha, and about 900 were injured. The death toll is expected to rise, local authorities have warned.
More than 200 ambulances were dispatched to the scene, and more than 100 medics were additionally mobilized.
According to railway officials, an express train traveling from Bangalore to Howrah derailed and collided with another express train that had left Kolkata.
"Rescue operations are underway at the site and all possible assistance is being provided to those affected," said Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
At least 288 people killed and hundreds injured in multiple train collision in eastern India's state of Odisha pic.twitter.com/wrXZdk6c39— TRT World Now (@TRTWorldNow) June 3, 2023
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 575 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Deputy Commander of the Russian Northern Fleet Killed in Nagorno-Karabakh
- » Bashar Assad and his Wife arrived in China
- » Protests in Armenia after the Peace Agreement in Nagorno-Karabakh
- » Mine Blew Up a Ship off the Coast of Romania?
- » Derna: Maddened by Grief and Anger, Libyans Burned Down the Mayor's home
- » Ceasefire: Nagorno-Karabakh Forces Surrendered to the Azeris