Tragedy in India: At least 50 Dead and hundreds Injured after Train Crash
At least 50 people have died and nearly 300 have been hospitalized in India after a passenger train derailed and collided with a freight train in the Balasore district of Odisha state.
Rescue teams are on the scene. All necessary assistance is being provided to the injured, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Twitter:
Distressed by the train accident in Odisha. In this hour of grief, my thoughts are with the bereaved families. May the injured recover soon. Spoke to Railway Minister @AshwiniVaishnaw and took stock of the situation. Rescue ops are underway at the site of the mishap and all…— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) June 2, 2023
The derailed train was traveling from Kolkata to Chennai. It derailed and fell in the opposite direction, trapping people.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The European Commission is Skeptical about the Schengen Compensation requested by Romania
- » Day 584 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin greeted the residents of the Occupied Regions
- » The US has called on Serbia to Withdraw its Troops from the Border with Kosovo
- » Romania Strengthens its Defenses along the Danube due to the Approaching War
- » On Sunday the Istanbul Convention becomes binding in the EU
- » Day 583 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia is not planning further Mobilization