The US Senate has approved Raising the National Debt Ceiling
The US Senate approved today by 63 to 36 votes the raising of the government debt ceiling, the Associated Press reported, quoted by BTA.
The agency notes that this comes just days before the deadline and allows the US to avoid a catastrophic default.
US President Joe Biden welcomed the increase in the debt ceiling approved by both houses of Congress, the agencies reported.
"This is a great victory for the economy and the people of the United States," the president said, adding that he would sign the final bill an hour later.
He noted that the previously reached agreements with the Republicans on raising the debt were compromises, but, in his words, they would allow his country to avoid falling into insolvency.
"Nobody gets what they want in negotiations," the American president stated.
Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen also welcomed the passage of the bill to raise the US debt ceiling and pointed out that if it had not been done, a possible US default would have put "millions of jobs and household savings at risk" in the amount of trillions of dollars.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The European Commission is Skeptical about the Schengen Compensation requested by Romania
- » Day 584 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin greeted the residents of the Occupied Regions
- » The US has called on Serbia to Withdraw its Troops from the Border with Kosovo
- » Romania Strengthens its Defenses along the Danube due to the Approaching War
- » On Sunday the Istanbul Convention becomes binding in the EU
- » Day 583 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia is not planning further Mobilization