The Average Life Expectancy in Bulgaria Decreases
The expected average life expectancy for the entire population of Bulgaria, calculated for the period 2020 - 2022, is 71.9 years, and compared to the previous period (2019 - 2021), it decreases by 1.7 years. This was announced today by the National Statistical Institute (NSI).
The different mortality rates among men and women, as well as among the population in cities and villages, also determine the different average life expectancy among these population categories.
The average life expectancy for men is 68.3 years, while for women it is 7.5 years higher – 75.8 years.
Compared to 2012, in 2022 we see a decrease in the average length of life for men by 2.3 years, while for women by 1.8 years.
Expected average future life expectancy by area
Average length of future life expectancy by gender and periods
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 77 New Cases
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny, Rain expected in the Afternoon
- » Bulgarians celebrate Children's Day
- » On June 1: Traveling by Train in Bulgaria will be Free for Children
- » Bulgaria: Health Minister to drop the Mandatory Isolation and Quarantine for People Sick with COVID-19
- » Bulgaria: New Rules for Electric Scooters in Sofia - Fines up to 25 EUR