Bulgaria’s Prosecutor General Ivan Geshev is on Leave for Personal Reasons
Prosecutor General Ivan Geshev announced that he is going on leave for personal reasons. He stated this during the meeting of the Plenum of the Supreme Judicial Council (SJC).
On it, council member Atanaska Disheva suggested that the body discuss the report of Geshev's deputy and head of the National Investigation Service, Borislav Sarafov.
He filed it with allegations that Geshev had committed violations damaging the prestige of the judiciary. Sarafov also turned to the city prosecutor's office, which announced that it had started an investigation.
12 of the council members voted "for" the inclusion of the item. Geshev announced that he was ready to participate in any procedure and suggested that this should be accepted as the first point.
Geshev did not specify how long he will be on leave. Yesterday, the prosecutor's collegium decided that Sarafov's report should be dealt with by the ethics and disciplinary commission of the collegium.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov: Again Foreign Services discovered that there are Russian Spies in Bulgaria
- » Russia has Summoned Bulgaria’s Ambassador due to the Expelled Priests
- » Bulgaria: The Russian Church in Sofia is Closing
- » Bulgaria: “Vazrazhdane” Supporters fought with Police and Attacked the Barricades in front of the Monument to the Soviet Army
- » Bulgaria stops importing Russian Crude Oil
- » UK: Five Bulgarians have been accused of Espionage in favor of Russia