Bulgaria expects 13 million Foreign Tourists in 2023
30% more bookings compared to last year at this time, revenue is up 50%. This is what the figures of the Institute for Analyzes and Evaluations in Tourism show, said the director of the department, Prof. Rumen Draganov. He presented more data: Between 4 and 8% is the average growth compared to 2019. 13 million people are expected to visit Bugaria in 2023. In the month of May, we had about 800,000 foreign visits, and now we expect to hit a million.
"If we end the year with about 13 million visitors entering the country in total, this will exceed 2019, when we had 12.5 million. In winter, there were many satisfied tourists, not only in winter and spa tourism, but also cultural tourism in urban historic environment and other types, visiting relatives and friends. We have an oversupply and surplus of accommodation and we are continuing to build them," he pointed out.
Tour operator Zdravka Chimeva says that there are more and more people wishing to have a vacation in Blagoevgrad region, and there is an increase in demand and reservations. "For all those who work in tourism, this is a breath of fresh air after the pandemic. Tourists are flocking to Bansko, Dobrinishte, Sandanski, Banya, Ognyanovo, the mountain huts. The foreign interest is from Spain, they like Bulgaria very much. In Blagoevgrad there are so-called round trips," she revealed.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria fails to achieve Good Placement in Sustainable Tourism Ranking
- » Bulgaria: Burgas ranks as the Twentieth-Best City for a Scenic Drive
- » In April: Bulgarians Traveled the most to Neighboring Countries
- » Bulgaria: No more Dogs on the Beach in Varna
- » Summer Holiday in Bulgaria: Visitors can now Prepay Online for Umbrellas and Sunbeds on the Beach
- » Wizz Air launches a New Route from Bulgaria to Armenia