Before the Coronation of King Charles III: Explosion and Arrest outside Buckingham Palace
A controlled explosion and the arrest of a man outside Buckingham Palace days before the coronation of King Charles III.
British police have arrested a man who approached the palace gates and threw objects over the fence.
He was detained on suspicion of possession of a weapon. No shooting or injuries were reported. Police are not treating the case as an act of terrorism.
It was later revealed that a knife was found, but the man was not carrying a firearm. Buckingham Palace said the king and his wife Camilla were not at the palace at the time of the incident.
The arrest comes as police and security prepare for the coronation of King Charles III on Saturday, which is expected to draw large crowds to the streets of London and be attended by world leaders.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Recession in Germany will be Deeper than Expected
- » Day 582 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia is ready to Negotiate with Kyiv under Certain Conditions
- » The Republic of Nagorno-Karabakh will soon Cease to Exist
- » North Korea wrote its Nuclear Status into the Constitution
- » Chinese Hackers stole 60,000 US State Department emails
- » Day 581 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia blamed the US for the Nord Stream Explosion