From May 11: No Vaccine Requirement to Enter the US
On May 11, vaccination requirements for travelers to the US and government employees will end, announced the White House.
"Today, we are announcing that the administration will end the Covid-19 vaccine requirements for federal employees, federal contractors, and international air travelers at the end of the day on May 11, the same day the public health emergency ends," it said in a statement quoted by AFP.
More than one million people have died from COVID-19 in the US. However, the White House noted that the pandemic has been largely contained, prompting the government to lift restrictions dating back to when the disease ravaged entire communities and forced crippling economic shutdowns.
"Since January 2021, deaths from Covid-19 have decreased by 95% and hospitalizations by nearly 91%. Globally, deaths from Covid-19 are at their lowest levels since the beginning of the pandemic," said in the statement.
According to the White House, "vaccine requirements have boosted vaccination across the country, and our broader vaccination campaign has saved millions of lives."
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 576 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv hit the HQ of Russia's Black Sea Fleet in Crimea
- » Day 575 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Deputy Commander of the Russian Northern Fleet Killed in Nagorno-Karabakh
- » Bashar Assad and his Wife arrived in China
- » Protests in Armenia after the Peace Agreement in Nagorno-Karabakh
- » Mine Blew Up a Ship off the Coast of Romania?
- » Derna: Maddened by Grief and Anger, Libyans Burned Down the Mayor's home