Bulgarian Hoteliers' Revenue Jumped 70% in February
More tourists, more overnight stays, mainly in hotels of a higher category, and a significant increase in the income of hoteliers, reports the National Statistical Institute in February.
The total number of overnight stays in all accommodation facilities during the month was 1.2 million, with 50.6% more compared to the same month of the previous year. Although the increase in overnight stays (by 62.8%) was greater in low-category sites - 1 and 2 stars, the occupancy of high-category hotels was the greatest - 49.5% in 4- and 5-star hotels and 32.3% in 3-star hotels.
In the hotels with 4 and 5 stars, 77.1% of the total number of overnight stays were realized by foreigners and 42.3% by Bulgarian citizens. In 3-star accommodations, 17.7% of the nights were spent by foreigners and 29.2% by Bulgarian citizens, while in other accommodations (with 1 and 2 stars) they were 5.2 and 28.5%, respectively.
The number of customers increased by 48.7% compared to a year earlier and reached 470.2 thousand, foreigners are 65.5% more, and Bulgarians - by 42.5%. The average stay of Bulgarians is 2.2 nights, and of foreigners - 3.2.
Revenues from overnight stays in February 2023 reached BGN 92.4 million, or 70.6% more
compared to February 2022. Foreigners spent 75.4% more, and Bulgarians - 66.7% more.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The Airports in Burgas and Varna reported over 800,000 Passengers in August
- » This year Trips From and To Bulgaria are Increasing compared to July 2022
- » Wizz Air reached 25 million Passengers in Bulgaria
- » Feces in the Sea: Up to 41 times above the norm is the Pollution on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Chinese Tourists are Returning to Bulgaria and 70 other countries
- » Great Britain is among the Most Popular Destinations for Bulgarians this Summer