Bulgaria, Greece and Italy bought Gas from Azerbaijan for 1.6 Billion Euros in January
The countries of the European Union Italy, Greece and Bulgaria have imported natural gas from Azerbaijan for 1.6 billion euros in January 2023, Interfax-Azerbaijan reported.
According to statistics, in January 2022, the value of gas imported from Azerbaijan to the EU was 887 million euros, while in December of the same year it amounted to 1.1 euros. The costs of Italy, Greece and Bulgaria to purchase gas from Azerbaijan increased by 13.5% year-on-year and decreased by 15.4% compared to December 2022.
As already reported, according to Eurostat data, in 2022 EU countries imported natural gas from Azerbaijan for 15.5 million euros (about a fourfold increase for the year).
In 2022, Azerbaijan increased gas exports by 18% to 22.3 bcm, and gas supplies to Europe amounted to 11.4 bcm (+39%).
For 2023, gas exports from Azerbaijan are planned to exceed 24 billion cubic meters, of which at least 12 billion cubic meters will go to Europe.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria might File a Claim against Gazprom
- » Bulgaria: Natural Gas in June will become cheaper by 15% thanks to the Azeri Gas Interconnector
- » The Price of Gas in Europe fell to a two-year Low
- » In 2023: Bulgaria exports nearly 70% less electricity
- » President Radev in Delphi: Bulgaria is the Center of Energy Policy in the Balkans and Southeast Europe
- » Bulgaria concluded a Memorandum of Cooperation with Gas Transmission Operators from 4 Countries