Unfair Import of Millions of Eggs from Ukraine: Bulgarian Producers
2.5 million eggs have imported from Ukraine to Bulgaria under a partnership program, the chairman of the Union of Poultry Breeders, Ivaylo Galabov, has told BNR. He expressed fears that by Easter the import will exceed 10 million and the eggs will be rebranded as Bulgarian. The union will signal the Food Safety Agency to investigate the case of origin manipulation. Information was also requested from the "Customs" agency.
Over 120 companies produce 4 million eggs daily in Bulgaria as 1 million are exported, Galabov also said. According to Eurostat, the price of eggs in Bulgaria is the EU lowest. Galabov pointed out that the Bulgarian poultry industry is in good condition and satisfies domestic consumption with eggs and poultry meat.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria imported over 55,000 tons of Fresh Vegetables and 66,000 tons of Fruit in January and February
- » Russia remains among Bulgaria's main Trading Partners
- » Bulgaria will receive 9.77 Million Euros in compensation from Brussels due to the Ukrainian Grain Imports
- » Why Is Bingo So Popular In The Uk?
- » Bulgaria's Gaming Industry — An Overview of its Rise
- » Bulgaria and 4 EU Countries have agreed with the EC on the Ukrainian Agricultural Size