Third Night of Protests in Paris: More than 80 People were Detained
More than 80 people have been detained in successive protests against the pension reform in France.
In Paris, there were clashes between the police and demonstrators for the third night in a row. Law enforcement used tear gas against the protesters, who erected barricades and started burning garbage containers.
The scenes of violence this time took place in Place d'Italie after the authorities banned protests at Place de la Concorde, which is located near the French National Assembly. Thousands of people protested in other cities, including Bordeaux, Nantes, Marseille and Brest.
There will be a new general mobilization in France against the pension reform on March 23. Garbage continues to pile up on the streets of Paris due to a strike by sanitation workers.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 310 People Detained at Protests against the Pension Reform in France
- » ECB Raised the Interest Rates to 3.5% - Highest since 2008
- » The Court of the EU rejected the claim of the EC against Bulgaria for Air Pollution
- » Pfizer proposes 40% cut in EU supply of COVID-19 Vaccines
- » Europe is Protected from the Bankruptcy of SVB
- » The French Senate passed the controversial Pension Reform