Xi Jinping was Re-Elected as President of China for a Third 5-Year Term
China's parliament unanimously re-elected Xi Jinping as president for an unprecedented third five-year term.
2,952 people participated in the voting of the 14th National People's Congress of People's Representatives. The Associated Press commented that the 69-year-old Xi is on course to remain in power for life.
He was also re-elected as head of the Central Military Council, which runs the Chinese military.
The delegates also approved a plan to reorganize the State Council - the country's government. The text has not yet been published, but is expected to be a repeat of the draft reform of party and state organs adopted at the end of February by the Central Committee of the Chinese Communist Party.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 459 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Another Russian attack before Kyiv Day
- » There is a Deal in Principle on the US Debt Ceiling
- » Day 458 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia is preparing a Simulation of an Accident at the Zaporizhzhia NPP according to Kyiv
- » Turkey will Vote for the first time in a Presidential Runoff
- » Germany to Transfer its “Patriot” Systems from Slovakia to Lithuania
- » The Situation in Northern Kosovo is Calm - Vucic no longer Leader of his Party