Greta Thunberg was Arrested…again
On Wednesday, Norwegian police briefly arrested environmental activist Greta Thunberg during a protest in Oslo, escorting her and other activists from the Finance Ministry building, Reuters reported.
Campaigners are calling for wind turbines to be removed from reindeer pastures on indigenous Sami lands in central Norway.
They have blocked access to some government buildings in recent days, putting the centre-left minority government in a crisis situation and prompting Energy Minister Tore Aasland to cancel an official visit to Britain.
Thunberg and other activists blocked one of the entrances to Norway's finance ministry and were removed by police and taken elsewhere as their supporters chanted slogans.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Iran has developed a Hypersonic Missile
- » Mike Pence will Run for US President in 2024
- » Day 468 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Destruction at the Nova Kakhovka Dam - Either Intentional or Accidental by the Russians
- » Day 467 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv claims Ignorance of a possible Counteroffensive
- » Serbia: 68,000 Weapons were Handed Over to authorities
- » OPEC+ will continue Oil Output Cuts as Prices remain Unchanged