Canada bans TikTok on Government Phones and Other Devices
From today, a ban on the use of the TikTok application on devices in government institutions also comes into force in Canada.
A government spokesman said the app posed an unacceptable risk to privacy and security.
The company that owns TikTok said it was disappointed by the ban. Just days earlier, the European Commission announced a similar measure, which will come into effect on March 15.
In the US, a ban was also imposed on the use of TikTok in federal institutions, such a decision was also taken in a number of American universities.
The app has been criticized for its use of personal information and ties to the Chinese government.
Owner company ByteDance claims that Chinese officials do not have access to TikTok's database and that the Chinese version of the app is different from the rest of the world.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 467 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia claims Ukrainian Breakthrough in Zaporizhzhia, Kyiv Denies
- » Serbia: 68,000 Weapons were Handed Over to authorities
- » OPEC+ will continue Oil Output Cuts as Prices remain Unchanged
- » A Faulty Switch may have caused India's Deadliest Train Crash
- » Day 466 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At least 20 Injured after Russian Attack in Dnipro
- » The VP of the European Parliament: Bulgaria has done its Homework for Schengen