The European Commission Banned TikTok on Official Phones
The European Commission has banned the TikTok application from the official smartphones and devices of those working in the European institution because of data protection concerns, an EC spokesperson told AFP today.
The ban also means European Commission staff cannot use the Chinese-owned video-sharing app on personal devices, including phones that have official apps installed, the spokesman said, confirming a post on the Euractiv website.
TikTok is a subsidiary of ByteDance, which is Chinese. The app has increasingly worried the West, which suspects that Beijing is collecting user data through it.
A similar ban was introduced by the US federal authorities last year.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The European Commission is Skeptical about the Schengen Compensation requested by Romania
- » On Sunday the Istanbul Convention becomes binding in the EU
- » Sweden seeks Military Help against Gang Violence
- » The EU guarantees the Stay of Ukrainian Refugees until March 2025
- » The European Commission announced Five Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria
- » The Recession in Germany will be Deeper than Expected