Bulgaria: Bomb Signals at Sofia Airport and Subway Stations in Sofia (UPDATED)
UPDATE: Sofia Airport returned to normal operations at 10:30 a.m. today after checks did not reveal the presence of an explosive device.
This morning, shortly before 9 o'clock, the police received a report from the Sofia Airport duty center about a received e-mail in which there was information that explosive devices were placed in the area of the capital's airport and subway stations in the city.
Procedural actions have been taken.
Teams are carrying out inspections, clarifying the facts and circumstances surrounding the received signals.
Sofia Airport reported to BNT that a specialized police operation was conducted at the two terminals of the airport.
Visitors to the two terminals of the airport were asked to go outside the buildings and wait for the completion of the actions of the specialized authorities.
Terminal 1 passengers were admitted to the building at 9:44 am. Terminal 2 is now also functioning normally.
There are no deviations in the flight schedule, Sofia Airport told BNT.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A 3-Year-Old Child died after a Home Boiler Explosion in Ruse
- » A Pack of Stray Dogs Killed a Woman in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: New Series of Bomb Threats in dozens of Schools in Sofia, Varna and Burgas
- » Bulgaria: Hurricane Wind Damaged a Commercial Establishment and Cars in Pazardzhik
- » Second Day of Bomb Threats in Schools across Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: New Bomb Threat at a School in Sofia