The Bulgarian Parliament decided: Free Textbooks for Students from Grades 1 to 12
Deputies unanimously with 190 "in favor" adopted in the second reading a draft law on amendments and additions to the law on preschool and school education. The bill introduces free textbooks for students from grades 1 to 12.
The bill enters into force from the academic year 2024-2025. The vote passed without debate, and after it, from the parliamentary rostrum, the leader of the socialists, Kornelia Ninova, thanked the deputies for adopting the bill unanimously.
The necessary funds for free textbooks from grades 8 to 12 at the moment, with a reported inflation index, amount to about BGN 80 million for the first academic year of implementation of the draft law, respectively BGN 8 million for the second and third year of using the textbooks, the petitioners state in their reasons.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » One in Ten Bulgarians between the ages of 18 and 24 has Dropped out of School Early
- » Working as a Bulgarian Student in Europe: What You Need to Know About Work Permits
- » Bulgaria: A Draft Regulation provides for Military training for 10th and 11th Grade Students
- » 15.2% are the Teachers under 35 in Bulgaria, 54 is the Average Age
- » Bulgaria: The Affordable Option for Quality Education in Europe
- » How The Digital Revolution and Internet Are Helping Developing Nations Unlock Their Potential