UK Households are being Paid to Switch Off their Electrical Appliances
Britain has been gripped by very cold weather and the power system is struggling due to high demand.
That's why a contingency plan was put in place, according to which households are paid if they switch off their electrical appliances between 5 and 6 p.m. Over 1 million households and businesses have joined the initiative. It is estimated that up to 20 pounds can be saved this way. This measure will probably become a practice, and the duration will increase by half an hour.
Several factors necessitated this move - Great Britain relied on gas-fired power plants to generate electricity. However, it turns out that wind turbines stop working at prolonged sub-zero temperatures and have no substitute.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Schengen Condition Fulfilled - Migrants on the Balkan Route have Halved
- » Erdogan declared Three-Month State of Emergency in 10 Regions of Turkey, Deaths from the Earthquakes are now 5000
- » Day 349 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv Expects a New Russian Offensive Very Soon
- » Turkey's Energy Infrastructure after the Earthquakes: Huge Fire, Stopped Gas and Oil Pipelines
- » More than 4,300 People Died from Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- » Thousands of Dead after Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria (OVERVIEW)