Bulgaria: Due to the Strong Wind in Sofia - Flights will be Diverted to Plovdiv Airport (UPDATED)
The strong wind in Sofia caused delays in flights at Sofia Airport and rerouting of planes, the airport's press center reports.
At the moment, there are four passenger flights that have been diverted to land at Plovdiv airport due to the strong wind in Sofia. These are the flights from Memmingen, Berlin, Paris and Varna. Passengers will be transported to Sofia by buses.
Landings in Plovdiv will inevitably affect return departing flights as well, the airport specifies.
Flights from Stansted, Gatwick and Tel Aviv have been diverted to land in Bucharest. The plane coming from the Romanian capital will also return there.
Planes resumed landing and taking off at Sofia Airport without difficulty
The wind reduced its speed and by 2:00 p.m. the planes were landing and taking off without difficulty, reported Sofia Airport.
Some of the planes that landed at the other airports are already returning to Sofia to make their subsequent flights.
Due to strong winds, earlier today four passenger flights were diverted to land in Plovdiv, six in Bucharest and one in Thessaloniki.
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Helicopter Crash with One Dead
- » Bulgaria: Drone with a suspected Bomb was discovered near Tyulenovo
- » Bulgaria: Relatives of the Victims from the Flood in Tsarevo will receive 15,000 Leva in compensation
- » Bulgaria: A Man and a 4-Year-Old Child Died after a Car-Train Crash
- » Bulgaria: Child was Stabbed after a Fight between Minors in Yambol
- » Bulgaria: Car with Migrants crashed near Sofia