A Bulgarian is among the Candidates for Vice-President of the European Parliament
The MEP from the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats, Elena Yoncheva, is one of the candidates for the position of Vice President of the European Parliament, which until recently was held by Eva Kaili, Politico reports. The group will elect her deputy today at a closed meeting.
Kaili was ousted following revelations of corruption involving Qatar and is currently in custody in Brussels.
The other candidates are the chairman of the group on external intervention Rafael Glucksmann, the Romanian Victor Negrescu, the Lithuanian Juozas Olekas, the Finnish Miapetra Kumpula-Natri, the Slovenian Matjaz Nemec, the MEP from Luxembourg Marc Angel.
However, it is not certain that any of them will be elected, as other political groups may also field their own candidates.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at email@example.com
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » For the First Time a Country in Europe Banned ChatGPT
- » EU Prosecutor's Office is conducting Searches in Sofia as part of an Investigation into Corruption and Misuse of Funds
- » The Jihadists detained in Belgium, including a Bulgarian, were Preparing the Murder of the Mayor of Antwerp
- » Every 10th Resident of France is an Immigrant
- » The EU has decided that from 2035 only New Cars with Zero Carbon Dioxide Emissions will be Sold
- » Another Night of Clashes in France - Over 740,000 Protested against the Pension Reform