Azerbaijan Confirmed the Supply of 12 Billion cubic meters of Gas to the EU in 2023
Azerbaijan has confirmed the supply of 12 billion cubic meters of gas to the EU in 2023, DPA reported, quoted by BTA.
The country will export a total of 24 billion cubic meters of gas in 2023, half of which will go to Europe, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev said on state television.
So far, 8.1 billion cubic meters have been delivered annually.
Last July, European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen and Aliyev signed a corresponding declaration of intent on gas supplies so the EU could shake off its dependence on Russian energy in light of Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
Starting in 2027, at least 20 billion cubic meters of gas will be supplied annually.
According to Aliyev, Azerbaijan exported a total of 22 billion cubic meters of gas abroad last year. At the same time, the country imported 200 to 300 million cubic meters of gas from the Russian state company Gazprom for its own needs.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Gas with another 3% down
- » Bulgaria, Greece and Italy bought Gas from Azerbaijan for 1.6 Billion Euros in January
- » Bulgaria will sign Agreements with the US and France for the Construction of 4 Nuclear Units at the sites in Kozloduy and Belene
- » Bulgaria has Paid almost 400 Million Euros for the Import of Azeri Gas
- » Bulgaria approved a Derogation for the Purchase of Parts and Materials for the Kozloduy NPP from Russia
- » Bulgaria has Managed to Reduce Gas Demand by a record 24%