The Burgas-Sofia Train Derailed at the Central Station: Movement of All Trains was Stopped
The movement of trains at the Central Station in Sofia has been stopped after the Burgas-Sofia train derailed.
The accident happened at 05.40 a.m. this morning. Entering the station, the passenger train derailed a third wagon with a rear bogie, which pushed a pole and cut the voltage in the station's catenary network.
No passengers were injured.
Due to the incident, there is currently no voltage in the contact network of the Central Station. An investigation is underway to determine the cause.
An organization has been established to transport all passengers in other directions.
"Train 8626 is the first to arrive from the direction of Plovdiv and the incident happened just before the busy time zone," Anatoli Atanasov, director of operations at BDZ, specified for BNR. Trains are running more than 60 minutes late, he warned. There will be a delay for both departing and arriving trains in the direction of Sofia. The movement of trains in the direction of Plovdiv is blocked. "They started lifting the wagons and restoring the contact network," said Atanasov. Especially at Sofia station, such a case is extremely rare, he pointed out.
Meanwhile, a train coming from Bulgaria and carrying ammonia derailed near the Serbian town of Pirot, 51 people were hospitalized, and a state of emergency was declared in the town which has a sizable Bulgarian population.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Информирайте се на Български - Novinite.bg
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 6 Injured 2 in Critical Condition after a Mass Brawl with Axes and Hoes in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: A Car with Illegal Migrants Crashed and One Person has Died
- » Bulgaria: The Body of a 31-Year-Old Man was found under a Bridge in Gabrovo
- » Bulgaria: A Boy Died and Four others were Injured in an Accident on the Ruse - Veliko Tarnovo Road
- » Bulgaria: A 2-Year-Old Boy Fell into a Two-Meter Manhole
- » Bulgaria: A Man Died after his Truck fell off a Bridge in the Kotlen Pass